Fitness is a competitive industry, but at times, it can be complicated. Currently, there is a lot of fuss going on social media about who is allowed to give you nutritional and fitness advice. Although fitness professionals step out of their scope of practice in things like nutrition, it doesn’t mean they can’t make a positive impact on your lifestyle choice.
It’s the job of a personal trainer to ensure that you follow the right diet that balances your workout regimen. It is essential that you follow that correct diet to gain the results that you want to achieve.
What is Personal Trainer and Their Role in Nutritional Support?
Personal trainers are fitness experts with education in exercise science. It involves understanding physiology, anatomy, and knowing about muscles and how they work. This enables trainers to develop a safe and efficient exercise routine. The trainer will make a regimen according to your fitness goals. For instance, if you want to lose weight, your training will include cardio. But if you need to build muscle, your training program will consist of strength training.
When working with a personal trainer in London, you will also learn how diet affects your fitness. The trainer will teach you how carbs provide energy. You will also learn how protein aids muscle recovery after exhausting training sessions. Taking about the basic concepts of nutrition is a part of the personal trainer’s job. But if you want help creating an actual menu, it may be outside the scope of your personal trainer.
When can a Personal Trainer Provide Services as a Nutritionist?
Trainers with nutrition education can make suggestions related to exercise and gym performance. These include recommendations about rest, hydration, and workout-related food intake. Furthermore, trainers can make suggestions to support weight loss and muscle gain efforts. It involves educating you about:
- Calorie Management:
Calorie Management involves eating less, eating more filling foods, and avoiding calorie-dense drinks and snacks.
A trainer will tell you to choose whole grains over processed carbs or water over pop.
Personal trainers will guide you about what to eat before and after the workout and the significance of eating breakfast.
Trainers tell you which vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients will be beneficial for your body.
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices
They will help identify which nutritious food options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is right for you.
Giving general advice on these topics is acceptable. However, some nutritional issues fall outside the scope of personal trainers. Offering nutritional advice for specific health issues may not be in their domain. That area belongs to a registered dietitian or medical practitioner.
A personal trainer knows the fundamental of good nutrition. Thus, they can assist you in maintaining a good, healthy diet. With a strong exercise routine, your personal trainer will help you achieve the body you always wanted.
The Bottom Line
The personal trainer’s job is much more than just conditioning your body. It is also about giving you a mind-body experience. A personal trainer in London can help in making healthier food choices. This is beneficial whether your goal is to lose weight, gain muscle, or both.
Though every person has a different capacity to work out, it is common for people to set limits on how long should anyone exercise. You can obviously change these limits based on your goals, workout intensity, strength, and stamina. While it is always better to not overdo a workout, it is equally important that you focus totally on your workout during the set time rather than spending time walking around or talking to your trainer or friends most of the time.
Today, we are going to discuss why it is important to time your workout or exercise sessions.
- Long Hours of Exercise or Workout Can Negatively Affect You.
There is always too much of everything no matter how good it is.
The same thing is true for your fitness regime. When you do a tough workout, especially when you are aiming to build strength, your body needs time to rest, repair, recover, and heal. It is because, during a tough workout, when you burn off the hormones of stress, it creates other stresses which can cause the immune system to be down sometimes as long as three days.
Strength training causes micro-tears in your muscle tissues which become stronger only when they have time to get repaired. If you don’t give your body enough time to heal between sessions, it can get worse, not better.
When you push yourself past the limits, it makes your workout in the coming days harder and you will tend to get de-motivated quicker.
- Not Working Hard Enough Can Delay Your Goals & Not Provide Best Results
You can use a heart rate monitor to see how fast your heart is beating. There is also an easier and quicker way to know whether or not you are working hard enough. If you can sing or even talk easily during a workout, it means you are not pushing yourself enough.
A proper workout makes you feel a bit sore the next day (but not in excruciating pain). If you are feeling nothing after a workout, you will also not see significant improvements.
So, make sure that you are providing enough time and attention to your fitness, especially when you are preparing for an athletic event or have certain goals.
- Over-exercise or workout can cause various issues in your daily life.
When you start overworking, not only will you start hating your fitness routine but you will also start developing a sour mood for everything else. You might feel or actually go on the verge of getting sick and you may also develop anger, irritability, and depression.
When your body doesn’t get enough time to heal, your immunity system gets weaker, and you will get ill more frequently. Besides, you will feel tired all the time and excruciating pain in the body as time passes.
Therefore, you must time your workout and exercise regime.
Tips to Remember
- The more intense the workout, the shorter the time you should decide after discussing it with your trainer.
- When you set a limit to your workout, only consider the actual time you are working out. It is not about how long you are in the gym or with your personal trainer. It is about how long you are actually working out.
- Exclude the time of getting dressed, warming up, and cooling down while setting a time-limit for your workout.
How can a personal trainer help you?
When you work with a personal trainer, it is highly unlikely for you to overwork or underwork because their job is to help you achieve goals, motivate you, guide you, and create a custom fitness routine based on your body requirements, fitness goals, health issues, and more. They know when to give you enough time to rest or when to push you to work out harder. Thus, working under the supervision of a personal trainer highly pays and is worth your every penny. Just make sure that when you hire a personal trainer in London or anywhere in the UK, he/she is minimum level three qualified, REPS registered, and fully insured.
Making exercise and diet plans is one thing but sticking to them is not an easy task. We often make big fitness goals, but we fail to achieve them as we cannot continue with our routine due to a lack of motivation. However, if you genuinely want to achieve your goals, you need to stay motivated, and a personal trainer in London can help you.
Here are a few things personal trainer in London do to keep their clients motivated:
- Fitness challenges: When a competitive element is added to your everyday exercise regime, the workout becomes fun. Personal trainers divide your goals into small challenges. It helps you stay motivated as you have to achieve a specific target within the deadlines set by your trainer. To achieve the targets, you will put in the extra effort.
- Fitness rewards: Personal trainers in London set fitness challenges and are also ready with fitness rewards. Everyone loves gifts; a glass of smoothie in a fitness bar as a reward might not be an expensive gift. However, it keeps the clients motivated and excited. To have these small rewards, clients work extra hard.
- New and exciting exercises Exercising alone can be monotonous and will not be filled with newness, bit when you have a personal trainer thing will be different. They know how to make changes in your exercises to make it more fun while being result-oriented. A personal trainer in London will always add new and exciting exercises to your regime. Learning a new set of activities makes us excited, and we focus more on our work out.
These are a few of the ways by which personal trainers in London help their clients stay motivated. There are many benefits of hiring a personal trainer, but above all, he ensures that you stick to your activities. If you fail to achieve your goals due to a lack of motivation, then wait no more and hire your trainer now. The personal trainer will ensure that your environment is always positive and that you never miss a day without a workout. With a personal trainer, your training will become fun, easy, and achievable. But when hiring any personal trainer, make sure to learn about his qualification, experience and ensure that he is licensed. If you are looking for a personal trainer, you can quickly look at the online fitness websites or contact a gym or fitness ccentrenear your house.
Over the years, High-intensity workouts are getting popular among fitness enthusiasts. If you are thinking to hire a personal trainer for this, you should understand high-intensity workouts.
It involves short but intense workout, which includes burning calories, gaining muscles and losing weights. You will be given a series of exercises to finish with short bursts of time and continue it with a shorter rest duration. This article will discuss why HIIT is good, and you should not miss it if you are planning for the same.
Individuals often look out for the most efficient programme, and high-intensity workouts are highly efficient in meeting specific requirements.
Many people cannot enrol their names for fitness training due to a busy schedule, and this type of workout will best suit them. HIIT can squeeze the training in a short span, and people can see the results within months.
Lose Your Weight
Many people hire personal trainers to get rid of excessive weight, and high-intensity exercise is a perfect way to lose weight. Experts say that high-intensity training is more efficient compared to steady-state cardio. There are plenty of examples where people have reduced massive weight within just one or two months.
Better Heart Health
Heart health is often neglected until the problem becomes aggravated. Optimum heart health will reduce the chances of heart diseases, and HIIT can dramatically improve heart health. A study done in 2008 suggests eight weeks of HIIT are highly beneficial for individuals, showing amazing results.
Preserve Your Muscles
The steady-state of cardio is good, but people tend to lose their hard-earned muscles during the process, whereas HIIT and weight training don’t affect the muscles in general. By opting high-intensity workouts, you won’t have to lose muscle mass, and the weight will be reduced from the fat stores.
You don’t need to visit a gym for this, you can do it yourself, and for better assistance hiring a personal trainer is always beneficial. These are the reasons that have made HIIT popular in recent years, and if you want to achieve the desired level of fitness within a shorter span, nothing can be better than high-intensity interval training. If you are looking forward to good health, exercising regularly and leading a healthy lifestyle will always be beneficial.
Can you run your business individually? You need to take opinions and suggestions from your employees, and you can take a partner to divide your work pressure into two parts. Sometimes, two just plan better than one, and you can do workouts along with your friend under a personal trainer in South London. Your friend can motivate you during the workouts, and you can avail some discounts by hiring the same trainer for both.
What are the benefits of training with a friend?
There are times when we try to skip our fitness regime, like after a hectic day in office, you can give some excuses to skip your workout session. You can call your trainer to skip your session, and it will become a habit very soon. This is eventually going to impact your fitness. Butif you do your workouts with a friend under a personal trainer in Twickenham, then you cannot skip your sessions. It is a matter of commitment, and you know that your friend is waiting outside. So, you cannot skip your workout session, and it will help you to stick on your fitness routine. Apart from that, you can avail the following benefits of training with a friend:
- They will keep you on your toes– Your friend can push you to cross your limitation during the workout, and you can achieve your fitness goal faster. If you think that your friend is faster and stronger than you, then you can follow his or her moves to achieve your fitness goals.
- They can assist you during the workout sessions-You can go for strength training with your friend. You need to take assistance from your friend to lift heavyweights. So, if you do your workouts with your friend, then you can avoid major injuries. You can try some new exercises with your friend and keep your body in shape.
- You will stick to your fitness program– If you hire a professional personal trainer in London, then you can avail customized workout plans. A trainer can assist you inpreparing your diet plan, and he or she can change your workout plan from time to time. Sometimes, you cannot get the energy to stay on your workout sessions for a long, and you can end your session after 10-15 minutes. When you do your workouts with your friend, you cannot end your session early, and you can spend more time on your training.
Your friend will motivate you during the training, and you can cross the hurdles with ease. Plus, if you feel bored with your personal trainer in London, then you can discuss your success with your friend to remove your stress.
Now people are concentrating on special glutes training because they need a shaped posterior. But, tone your glutes is not easy; you need to follow the right set of exercises to make things work. For this,you need to hire a personal trainer in London who will help you focus on the niche area of workout. You cannot tone your glutes at a gym because weightlifting can build your muscle stronger, but you cannot reduce a few inches from a particular body part through strength training.
Why would you need a personal trainer to tone your glutes?
Sculpted glute can make you feel confident, and you can post some pictures like your favourite models on your social media pages. Personal trainers in London can help you reduce your fat from your glutes, and you need a personal trainer for this special training for the following reasons:
- Get rid of back pain-If you are suffering from back pain, then you cannot tone your glutes. Do you know the cause of the back pain? Sitting on a chair for a day is the main cause of your back pain, and excess fat can be deposited on your inactive glutes. In this case, you can hire a personal trainer in London, and he or she can help you to overcome your back problems. Your trainer can suggest you the right exercises for your glutes, and if you feel any pain during the training, then you can ask your trainer to get a stretching session.
- Choose the right diet-You need to do some cardio exercises to shape your glutes, and you cannot achieve the curves on your glutes without a proper diet. You can consult a personal trainer in London, and he/she can prepare a diet plan for your health.
- Maintain your workout routine-If you skip your workouts, then you cannot tone your glutes. You need to maintain a workout routine, and you can get the required motivation from your trainer. You can search for the best ways to tone your glutes online and follow some YouTube videos. But you can get injured by making some wrong moves, and you can suffer from a severe back injury. You need proper guidance, and you can do your workouts under a personal trainer in London to avoid such risk of back injuries.
There are different types of exercises available for glutes, such as dumbbells side training, cardio exercise, leg dead lift, cable pull, dumbbell step-up, and Single-arm kettlebell swing. But you cannot do such exercises with proper posture without a personal trainer in Richmond. So, if you are looking for a sculpted and healthy body, then a personal trainer would help you in this.