Exercise is a great way to deal with the common health symptoms of pregnancy like bloating, swollen ankles, body aches and pains. Regular exercising will regulate your mood, boost your energy and will help in faster postpartum recovery. It also offers a plethora of benefits for the baby. Your baby will have a lower BMI, healthier heart and better brain health. It is a traditional notion that during pregnancy you have to stop all types of movements and exercises. On the contrary the right combination of yoga and exercises can be done to keep yourself fit and active during pregnancy period.
If exercise levels during the pre-pregnancy period were low, then a regular walking regime is the easiest way to get started. It gives the benefits of a cardiovascular workout without affecting your knees and ankles.
You can have a quick stroll around your locality at any time and during any phase of your pregnancy. You don’t need any special tools and precautions to get started with it. Mild walking, without creating any pressure on the baby bump can be helpful and you can also form a small group of friends with whom you can start walking everyday.
Swimming, aqua aerobics and walking in water are some of the best pregnancy workouts. You will feel more agile and flexible while swimming. It helps reduce sciatic pain, swollen ankles and nausea. It also loosens your ligaments, muscles and joints. Most of all, it releases good hormone and you do not suffer from mood swings of the most terrible kind.
You should never dive right into the water as it will harm your baby. You need to slide or step slowly into the water. Choose a stroke that doesn’t strain your body parts and use a kickboard to strengthen your muscles.
Indoor cycling minimises the stress on your knee and ankle. You don’t have the risk of falling, and you can pedal at your comfortable pace. You can adjust the cycle’s handlebars to sit more comfortably without causing any pressure or pain on your lower back.
You should not lean too much forward while spinning as it will harm your baby, and on the other hand, you can opt for an effective cushioning on your lower back as you position yourself on the cycle seat.
Yoga classes can help pregnant women to enhance their flexibility, reduce pain, keep bone joints limber and lowers stress. It also strengthens the muscles, stimulates better blood circulation, stabilises blood pressure, focuses on deep breathing and provides relaxation. It also keeps you calm during your labour pain and delivery process.
You should not indulge in overstretching your muscles as it will cause serious injuries. Also, avoid lying on your back as it will put stress on your veins and result in a decreased blood circulation in your heart.
It is an ancient meditation form that strengthens your bodies without the slightest risk of injury. You can do Tai Chi exercises that are safe during pregnancy. You need to be cautious while indulging in activities that involve balance. It releases positive energy, calms your body and mind and assures full peace and mental goodness when you start practicing it.
If you are an experienced runner, you can continue doing so during your pregnancy. Ask your instructor to determine a safe level of running that will not harm your health. Don’t try to overdo it as your knees and ankles are weaker during pregnancy and more prone to severe injuries.
Low impact dance workouts and light aerobics effectively boost your heart rate and improve your mood. It enhances your endorphins flow and lowers stress. You can hire a personal exercise and fitness expert for this, as the right expert can guide you about the best moves.
Opt for Zumba and water aerobics as they are the safest option during pregnancy. They strengthen your lungs, exert limited pressure on your joints and maintain your muscle tone or balance. Qualified instructions offer custom aerobic classes for pregnant women.
Some exercises prepare your body for labour pain and delivery.
- Squats: Regular squats help to open and relax your pelvis during labour. It strengthens your lower body muscles including glutes, pelvic floor, hamstrings and quads. When your lower back muscles are strong, it will ease your labour pain.
- Pelvic Tilts: You can continue doing these exercises throughout your entire pregnancy unless you suffer from pelvic floor symptoms. These exercises are great to reduce your back pain. In fact, small doses of daily housework can also enhance the lifestyle quotient and allow you to elevate your mind and body during pregnancy.
- Kegel Exercises, Stair Climbers And Elliptical
You can incorporate kegel exercises in your workout routine to tone your pelvic floor muscles. Strong pelvic floor muscles are essential to enhance your strength to push your baby out during delivery, and it also lowers the risk of post-pregnancy urine leakage.
Pregnancy lowers your stamina, body resistance and muscle strength. It is essential to be extra cautious while engaging in such activities to avoid injuries and stumbles.
- Strengthening Exercises
Flexible and strong muscles will protect your joints and ease your delivery experience. Build and maintain your muscles and limbs with strengthening workouts.
- Weight Lifting: You can lift light weights with small and multiple repetitions to enhance your muscle tone. Ask your instructor to make comfortable modifications to your workout routine.
- Barre: It integrated ballet-inspired moves, pilates exercises and yoga. It strengthens your core and more body muscles without any impactful or strenuous activities. They also include low-impact balance exercises as pregnancy hampers your posture and balance.
- Pilates: These exercises are tailor-made for pregnant women to improve your muscle tone, lengthen your muscle, strengthen your core, enhance your posture and reduce backaches.
Conclusion Follow precautions while working out during your pregnancy period. Start slowly and engage in custom exercises to meet your needs and requirements. It is always a wise decision to consult with your doctor and then with your fitness expert when you go for any type of exercise during pregnancy. Lower your intensity level and discuss details with your instructor before starting.
A strong body core determines the overall wellness of the body. When you have a strong lower back, you are automatically gifted with a good body posture. People tend to spend a lot of time on their glamour muscles and ignore their lower back. This causes to disturb the body equilibrium and cause problems in the long run. For good body posture, it is important to train your core, legs, and the whole of your lower back. It also helps to strengthen the spine. You can now hire male or female trainers who can guide you with the top exercises for both your upper and lower body.
A strong lower back helps to maintain an erect and straight posture. The intensity of the movements during exercise also boosts the release of testosterone. Also, along with the right exercise you should also combine the right meal supplements that will enhance the overall durability of your body. This article discusses some of the best exercises for your lower back.
Top Exercises Are Mentioned Below:
Exercise helps to enhance the flow of blood to the lower back. This, in turn, helps to eliminate stiffness of the lower back. Not only this, but if you have an injury in your lower back, proper exercise can speed up the healing process. Some of the best exercises are as follows:
- Bridges: Gluteus maximus is the largest muscle that is present in the buttocks. Taking good care of this muscle will help you acquire a good buttock shape. To perform bridges, you will have to lie down on the ground with bent knees. The distance between your feet should be equal to the width of your hips. Slowly raise your buttocks in the air while pressing your feet on the floor. This is one of the best exercises to reduce fat on the belly, on the lower abdomen and on your back.
- Top exercises to do to work your lower body: If you are suffering from stiffness in your lower back, this is one of the best and easiest exercises to ease your stress with. This exercise helps to improve body stability and also strengthens the core muscles. The shoulders should also touch the floor, firmly. Gently roll both the knees over to one side of your body. Stay for five to ten seconds and then change sides.
- Stretches: Top exercises to do to work your lower body are one of the best exercises for you if you are looking forward to elongating your lower back. For this exercise, you will have to lie down on the floor on your back and bend the knees slowly. Hold the position for nearly five seconds, while the abdomen remains tight.Your back should be pressed tightly against the floor. To the count of five, release your leg and gently return to your beginning position. Repeat the same process with another leg.
- Lying Top exercises to do to work your lower body: This exercise world’s on the hip abductor muscles of the lower back. To perform this exercise, you have to lie on one side. Keep both your legs together. Strengthen your abdominal muscles. Once you are ready, raise the leg on the top side to about eighteen inches. Keep the leg extended and straight, and hold the position for a few seconds. Repeat the process on the same side for around ten times and then change to the other side of the body to repeat the same process with the other leg.
- Partial Top exercises to do to work your lower body: Having strong abdominal muscles helps to develop a stronger body core and supports the spine. However, you should be sure of not developing any sprain or any painful impact upon your body structure. It also ensures proper alignment of the hips. Fitness enthusiasts and experienced trainers opine that partial curls can help a person to develop a strong body core. If you want to perform partial curls, you have to lie down on the floor on your back. Keeping your knees hip-width apart and your hands crossed over on your chest, take a deep breath. As you breathe out, slowly lift your shoulders and head two inches above the ground. The abdominal muscles should be hardened. Hold the position for approximately five seconds and then release. Repeat as many times as you can.
- Top exercises to do to work your lower body: you want to enhance the flexibility of your lower-back muscles, Pelvic tilts are a must in your daily workout regime. To perform pelvic tilts, you will have to lie down with your back to the floor. Bend your knees and keep your feet flat. Rest both your arms to both sides of your body. Slowly arch your lower back and start pushing your stomach outwards. Hold the position for some time and release. It is ideally suggested to repeat this process thirty times a day for the best results. However, you should always consult the personal trainer before you start doing these kinds of exercises.
- Superman: Your lower-back muscles are present on both sides of your spine. If you want to have a good posture, it is important to have a strong back. This is a way in which you can go for building an overall strong body. For this exercise, lie upside down on the floor, and stretch your limbs outwards. Slowly raise your feet and your hands; try to lift them to a height of six inches above the ground. Keep your head straight and face the floor. Hold the position for a few seconds and release. Repeat as many times as you can.
Conclusion Sometimes, in the course of working out, you may feel slight discomfort in your muscles. This may be caused due to cramps, over-exercising, and many other reasons. Just like regular exercise has several health benefits, over-exercise is harmful to your body and can result in severe health hazards. I hope this gives you a complete insight into the various aspects of lower-back exercise. There are different exercise ideas that you must not inculcate as a part of the same routine. On the other hand, you should try and test different exercise procedures and patterns to stay fit and healthy.
The sedentary lifestyle is a result of decades of changes in the way of living. This lifestyle reduces the activities of different muscles of our body as a result of which we saw a lot of people suffering from obesity. Physical fitness is very important for every person especially in these times of pandemic. When the whole world is trapped by a virus, the only thing that can help you to stay fit and healthy is the strength of your body and your immunity. Proper exercises, a balanced diet, intake of adequate amount of water, and a good sleep will help your body to fight against any disease and viruses.
Physical fitness is the only thing that will not only help you to get rid of your unwanted body weight but will also save you from the boredom and mental stress. There are several exercises that you can practice regularly which will help you to reduce your weight and tone your body. Apart from that, you can reduce the stress frm your muscles by doing your workouts under proper supervision of a personal trainer.
What is a toned body?
The body fat often gets accumulated in different parts of our muscles due to various reasons such as low metabolism rate, improper food intake, etc. These fats mostly get accumulated in the hands, hip, and belly muscles. It is very difficult to reduce or shred the body fat from some particular area, and you need to hire a personal trainer in this regard. If you aspire for a toned body then you have to burn all these fats with the help of proper exercises. Along with that, you must maintain a balanced nutritious diet.
People may think that consumption of less food can reduce their body weight faster. But , this is a wrong concept and you need to To get a toned body you need to know the proper exercises from a personal trainer and you must follow have a balanced diet chart. Both these will help to provide proper proteins and nutrients to the body and will help to reduce a lot of calories from different parts of the body.
Benefits of having a toned body
The excessive weight does a lot of harm to the body. Having a toned body and reducing body weight not only decreases the chances of health issues but also helps to boost the morale of a person. Everyone wants to have a perfect body and look beautiful. A toned body has a lot of benefits of its own. Some are:
- Increases self-confidence– A slim and toned figure always helps you to have more self- confidence. A body that does not have an ache or pain will be more confident than any other. It will increase your flexibility and mobility.
- Reduces a lot of diseases – A toned body does not have anybody fat accumulated. This improves the health condition, strengthens the muscles and diseases a lot of deadly life-threatening diseases such as heart problems, joint pains, etc.
- Increases the strength of muscles – For a perfectly toned body, a person has to do rigorous exercises that strengthen the muscles of different parts of the body such as hip, torso, arms, legs, etc. But, you need to do your workouts under proper supervision of a personal trainer. He or she can prepare a customized workout plan and help you to prevent any kind of injuries.
- Empowers the mind – A more powerful and energetic body can easily fight with anxiety, depression, and various other mental diseases. So toning a body will help to empower mental health easily.
What are the fitness regimes you have to maintain to have a toned body?
Having a toned body is not an easy task. You need to follow some strict regime that will be set by your trainer. This regime usually restricts you from having oily fast food or any kind of fats. However, there is a common regime that everyone should follow to have a toned figure.
- You must add green vegetables in your meal. Green vegetables contain a lot of nutritions and fibers that help to make the body healthy.
- Drink at least 1-2 liters of water daily because water can remove the toxic materials from your body. Plus, you can hydrate your body by taking 2-3L of water per day.
- Eat high protein and whole-grain food. A balanced diet energizes the body and helps to make you look perfect.
- Introduce a lot of seasonal fruits, juicy fruits in the diet. Fruits contain fibers that help in digestion.
- Avoid having caffeine and any addictive things that can reduce the energy of your body. You can practice some breathing exercise to quit smoking and alcohol.
- Sleep peacefully for at least 7 to 8 hours a day. A sound sleep can reduce your stress and it is very important for your mental health.
Which exercises are best to tone the upper part of the body?
There are a lot of workouts that will help to get a perfectly toned upper part. However, there are some common exercises that everyone can follow. These exercises help to make your upper part look fit and healthy. Some of the exercises are:
- Pushups – Pushups are very easy to do and extremely important to strengthen the muscles of the body. It not only helps to strengthen the upper part of the body but also helps to tighten the muscles of our legs. This exercise can tone your body accurately if it is practiced correctly.
- Dumbbell curls – Another important exercise that easily tones the upper part of the body is by using the dumbbells.
- Pulling apart the resistance band – using this band you can easily tone the muscles of your arms and back.
- Stretching – Side stretching is very crucial as the sedentary lifestyle often makes our muscles stiff. Stretching helps to keep our muscles flexible and will also help to remove the pain from the arms and back portion of the body.
A perfectly toned body has a lot more self-esteem and self-confidence that can be easily observed in the body movement. As you start losing your body weight, you will find changes in your body pattern easily. However, maintaining this body is very important. However, it is strictly said that the exercises must be done under the supervision of a trainer.
There are hundreds and thousands of working professionals out there who feel exhausted after a stressful day. They often complain about feeling emotionally and physically drained out after those long working hours. If you are one of those working professionals who is stuck within the daily grind of 9 to 5 jobs and often find themselves at low energy levels by the end of the day, perhaps it is time to have a careful look at your diet and nutrition.
A major reason behind the restlessness and tiredness is your busy routine and poor diet. What you need to do is change your lifestyle and follow some health tips for working professionals.
Here are some useful tips for working professionals:
- Have a healthy breakfast- Always start the day with a healthy breakfast, and it is not a good habit to skip you’re the first important meal of the day. The idea is to get a healthy kick-start for your day with a filling and mutinous breakfast made of cereals, fruits, nuts and seeds, milk, and yogurt.
- Avoid packaged food- It is good if you avoid ready to eat foods or packed meals from outside. Try to eat simple and healthy meals prepared at home with foods that are a good source of micronutrients and fibre. Do not just grab anything to boost your energy levels and compact the fatigue.
- Water is important- Drink lots of water and keep your water bottle handy. This is because a lack of fluids can lower performance and increase tiredness. Avoid drinking too much coffee or tea or other energy drinks at the workplace. While they may work as a stimulant, all that excessive caffeine getting inside your body is not good for your health.
- No junk – Now, this can be a tough one, but you must keep away from those unhealthy beverages and snack options that are so easily available at most workplaces at vending machines. Even if you must order a meal from outside, look for healthier options like salads, soups, and multigrain bread.
- Keep healthy snacks with you- Always keep some healthier snacks with you like vegetable sticks, unsalted nuts, fruits, rye crackers, and seeds like flax, sunflower, pumpkin, chia, etc. You can always follow a diet chart for working professionals and make significant improvements in your nutrition and energy levels.
- Sugar is a no-no– Evade unhealthy snacks with trans and saturated fats and high on sugar. You might get tempted by them because of the feeling of fullness, but they make you slow and sluggish at the end of the day. As a result, you feel tired and may not be able to work to your maximum efficiency.
- Be selective- If there are frequent office parties and lunches, do not overeat and limit yourself to healthier options. Remember that it is not just what you eat but also how much you eat. Stick to a healthy lifestyle in order to boost your energy levels and pick those foods that are a source of great nutrition for working professionals and in limited amounts.
Conclusion– Just follow the above-listed tips, and you are sure to find a huge change in your energy levels, even after working for long hours. Let all those superpowers in your healthy diet work and help you maintain that energy in office the whole day long.